iPhone and Android Apps Role in Maintaining A Healthy Weight
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Centre: CSIRO Division of Animal, Food and Health Sciences
Location: West End of North Terrace (SAHMRI Building)
Lead Doctors: Dr Emily Brindal
Ethics Committee: Reviewed and approved by the CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences Human Research Ethics Committee
Though many people successfully lose weight, 4 out of every 5 people find themselves unable to maintain their weight loss. The CSIRO is conducting a research study in North Terrace aiming to learn how iPhone and Android apps can help with successfully keeping excess weight off.
Participants will receive the application and will also receive a $40 gift card for use at Coles-Myer, Coles Express, Liquorland, Vintage Sellers, First Choice and more at the conclusion of the study.
Benefits to Participation
- You may have increased success in maintaining weight loss.
- You will be compensated with a $40 gift card for your participation.
- You will receive the iPhone or Android app designed to keep excess weight off.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- Upon completion, the results of the study will be shared with you but only at the group level. (not your personal results)
Who Can Participate?
- Males and Females ages 18 and over.
- Lost at least 5% body weight within the past two years.
- Own a Smartphone. (excluding Windows phones)