What should I do if I didn’t receive a call at my scheduled appointment time?
Kindly note that, sometimes our research team experiences a high volume of appointments due to the number of participants interested in joining the research study. Please don’t worry! As soon as the team’s capacity frees up, they will reach out to you as soon as possible at your best time to contact.
Will I receive a reminder for my appointment? If so, how will it be sent?
Yes, you will receive an email reminder 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you opted to receive SMS notifications during booking, you will also receive an SMS reminder 1 hour before the scheduled appointment.
Why am I getting a reCAPTCHA error when trying to access the questionnaire?
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you experienced while trying to access the questionnaire. We understand the value of your time and your eagerness to participate in the study. Trialfacts implements reCAPTCHA in its questionnaires as a security measure to ensure that participants are genuine humans and to prevent fraudulent activity. Unfortunately, there are occasional technical difficulties that arise, preventing you, a potential participant, from accessing the questionnaire even after successfully completing the reCAPTCHA verification process.
We would like to clarify that resolving these issues is at times beyond our control, as they are caused by our third-party platform, Alchemer, which we utilise for our questionnaires. However, please rest assured that our team will bring this up with Alchemer Support and request a resolution within 24 hours. In such cases, our dedicated team will also personally contact those affected and provide alternate access to the questionnaire. If you have not received any emails from us regarding this issue, please feel free to email us at [email protected].
What should I do if the questionnaire is not accepting my date of birth?
We apologise for the inconvenience you’re experiencing with the questionnaire not accepting your date of birth. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:
- Double-check the format: Ensure that you are entering your date of birth in the correct format specified by the questionnaire, such as MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY. Carefully review the instructions provided and try entering your date of birth again.
- Validate the date: Make sure the day, month, and year you are entering fall within the valid range. For instance, the year should not be in the future or too far in the past. Verify that the date you are entering is accurate and within the accepted boundaries.
- Clear browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, browser-related issues can interfere with form submissions. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies to eliminate any potential conflicts. After clearing them, reload the page and attempt to enter your date of birth again.
- Check for special characters: Ensure that your date of birth does not contain any special characters or symbols that might not be allowed. Stick to numerical values (digits) and avoid using any slashes or hyphens.
- Seek further assistance: If the problem persists despite trying the above steps, we apologise for the inconvenience. Please send us an email detailing the issue you’re facing at [email protected]. Our support team will be glad to provide further assistance, troubleshoot the problem, or suggest an alternative method for entering your date of birth.
Why did I not pass the questionnaire?
In order to collect the data required for clinical trials, only patients that meet certain criteria can participate. The criteria are different for every trial, including trials involving the same medical condition. If it helps, you can reach out to our support team ([email protected]) and we can look up your answers and find out why you did not pass.
If I am ineligible for one study, can I participate in another study with Trialfacts?
Yes! Being ineligible for one study does not mean you will be ineligible for other similar trials, and sometimes trials do alter the eligibility criteria if they cannot find enough people to participate.
When do I receive my compensation?
At Trialfacts, we understand the importance of timely compensation for your participation in our research studies. The exact timing of compensation may vary depending on the specific study you are participating in. Typically, compensation is provided at predetermined intervals or milestones throughout the study. There are some studies that also provide compensation when you’ve been fully enrolled in the study. Once you have successfully completed the study requirements, such as attending scheduled visits, following the protocol, and fulfilling any necessary follow-up appointments, your compensation will be processed. The specific method of compensation, whether it’s a cheque, cash, gift card, or direct deposit, will be communicated by your study team.
Rest assured that the researchers we collaborate with strive to process compensation as promptly as possible. If you have any further concerns or there is a delay in receiving your compensation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]. Our dedicated participant support team will be happy to assist you!
Will my gas and transportation expenses be reimbursed?
If you are participating in a research study and have questions about reimbursement for gas and transportation expenses, we suggest referring to the study’s available information on the Trialfacts Website. Detailed information about compensation, including transportation benefits, can usually be found in the section titled: Why Participate. If transportation benefits are available to participants, they will be specified in this section.
Participating in Current Trials
Can I send this to someone else who could be interested?
We appreciate your enthusiasm. Yes, you are absolutely welcome to share the questionnaire link with your family and friends whom you believe would be eligible and interested in participating in the study.
Can I join your mailing list to know about upcoming research studies?
If you have any additional questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].