Experiencing Chronic Cough Symptoms?
Research Centre: Middlemore Clinical Trials
Location: Middlemore Hospital, 100 Hospital Rd, Otahuhu, Auckland 2025, New Zealand
Principal Investigator: Dr Conroy Wong
Ethics Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Southern Health and Disability Ethics Committee in New Zealand (Ethics reference number: 18/STH/56)
Chronic cough is more than just an annoyance, it can interrupt your sleep and leave you feeling exhausted. Some severe cases of chronic cough can cause vomiting, lightheadedness and even rib fractures.
Researchers are studying how to reduce cough frequency in people who suffer from chronic cough. The results of this study can lead to fewer sick days and greater social interaction.
This study seeks men and women who currently suffer from chronic cough. Participants are required to attend 11 study visits (visits 4-9 require you to attend on 2 consecutive days at the research site) over a 13 month period.
- You may experience an improvement in your chronic cough symptoms.
- You will receive reimbursement to help cover the cost of travel and expenses (which may include such things as parking, travel cost, etc.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Men and women aged 18+ who suffer from chronic cough
- Have a diagnosis of chronic cough or have you been experiencing symptoms of an unexplained cough for at least 1 year
- Must be willing to wear a cough monitor for 24 hrs
- Able to attend all study visits at the research site over approximately 13 months