Calling All Healthy Volunteers: Help People With Alzheimer’s By Joining This Study!
Research Centre: Scientia Clinical Research
Location: 5th Floor, Bright Building, Corner High and Avoca Street, Randwick, NSW
Lead Doctor: Dr James Kuo
Ethics Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by Alfred Human Research Ethics Committee
Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive disease that destroys memory along with other significant mental functions. While current treatment can help, there are no known cures.
The research study involves testing skin patches as a new form of treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. The medication used in the patches is already approved in Australia in the tablet form. The patches may help people with Alzheimer’s disease by reducing the side effects of the tablet version.
Researchers are looking for caucasian, healthy volunteers, aged between 50-85 years to participate in this study. Participants will need to be available for a 10-day, 9-night stay and 3 short follow-up visits and may receive up to $3,100 for completing this study.
- You will be provided with all meals during your stay, along with free Wi-Fi and access to entertainment including TV.
- You may receive up to $3,100 for completing this study.
- You will be helping to advance Alzheimer’s disease research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Caucasian, healthy volunteers aged 50-85 years old
- Able to attend a 10-day, 9-night stay and 3 short follow-up visits over approximately 1 month