New York Research Study Recruiting Children To Participate
Research Center: Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
Location: 1165 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461
Lead Doctor: Tracy Prout
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Albert Einstein College of Medicine Institutional Review Board
Does your child’s behavior cause problems at home or at school? Does your child have difficulties with anger and frustration?
Researchers are aiming to demonstrate the efficacy of a therapy intervention for children with oppositional defiant disorder and other disruptive behavior problems.
This study seeks between the ages of 5 and 12 that have disruptive or oppositional behavior.
If enrolled, you and your our child would attend therapy twice a week for 10 weeks.
- Your child may experience improvements in their behavior
- Your child may experience improvements in their ability to manage their emotions
- You and your child will be helping to advance medical research
- If you decide to participate in the study, and later feel that you or your child no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your child’s records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your child’s health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Children aged 5 to 12 who have symptoms of oppositional defiant disorder or other disruptive behavior problems
- Able to attend 20 therapy visits at the research site over approximately 10 weeks