Experiencing Chronic Fatigue? Crystal Light Therapy May Help
Research Centre: Chromaura – a division of Alpha Element Pty Ltd
Location: PO Box 722, Manly NSW 1655
Lead Researchers: Nick Binos, Director
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), also known as Myalgic Encephalitis (ME), is an illness that affects the nervous system. It is estimated about 25 per cent of ME/CFS sufferers are bedbound or housebound, and one in two can experience mental health problems as a result of their fatigue symptoms.
The aim of this research study is to investigate the effect of the ChromAura Crystal Light Therapy (CCLT) system in improving the wellbeing of people that have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (myalgic encephalomyelitis). The system operates by projecting white light through a clear quartz crystal and onto areas of the body that correspond to energy centres (also known as energy meridians or Chakras).
This study seeks adults who are diagnosed with chronic fatigue or currently experiencing symptoms. Participants will be asked to use the crystal light therapy system 4 times a week for 30 minute sessions over a 4 week period at their own premises.
- You will be compensated $200 upon completion of the study and return of equipment
- You will be helping to improve therapy options for those with chronic fatigue
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- You will be helping to discover alternative non-invasive therapies for those with symptoms of chronic fatigue
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
Who Can Participate?
- Adult men and women 18+
- Have been diagnosed with chronic fatigue or currently experiencing symptoms
- Able to participate in the study for 4 weeks
- Able to set up the equipment in their own living space and conduct 30-minute therapy sessions 4 times a week