Research Study Looking To Improve Treatment For Diabetes
Research Centre: Royal Adelaide Hospital
Location: Port Rd, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Lead Doctor: David Wilkinson
Ethics Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by Central Adelaide Local Health Network Human Research Ethics Committee
Around 1.7 million Australians have Type 2 Diabetes. It is understood to be a result of both lifestyle and genetic factors.
This study is seeking men 40+ who are currently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes to participate in new research. Researchers are studying the effectiveness of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO) on how the body responds to insulin. This can potentially improve treatment for diabetes.
Participants are required to attend 2 study visits at the research site in the same week 2 days apart, and will be compensated $270 for participating in this study.
- You will be helping to advance diabetes treatment research.
- You will be compensated $270 for participating in this study.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Men aged 40+ who suffer from Type 2 Diabetes
- Able to attend 2 study visits at the research site in the same week 2 days apart