Health for Every Veteran Online Study
Research Center: VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Location: This is a virtual study
Principal Investigator: Keren Lehavot, PhD
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by VA Institutional Review Board
Researchers are focusing on understanding how Veterans’ identities, stressors, and experiences may affect their day-to-day life over time, including their mental, physical, and social health. Veterans are individuals who have served on active duty in the U.S. military but no longer do so.
This research study is called the Health for Every Veteran Study. The goal of this study is to learn more about the identities and life experiences of Veterans from all backgrounds, and how it may affect their health over time. This study hopes to promote the overall well-being of Veterans.
Interested participants must be 18 years old and above. They must have previously served on active duty in the United States Armed Forces, Military Reserves or National Guard. Participants will be asked to complete 4 online questionnaires for approximately 2 years (1 questionnaire every 9 months). All research activities are completed online with no in-person visits required.
- You may learn more about yourself through participating in this study.
- You may gain greater self-knowledge or understanding of your coping behavior.
- You may contribute to the development of programs that may improve the health and wellness of Veterans.
- Findings will help advance research on Veteran health.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
Who Can Participate?
- Veterans aged 18 years old and above.
- Must be living in the United States.
- Must have routine access to the Internet.
- Must be willing to answer questions about key demographics such as age, gender, race/ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
- Able to complete 4 online questionnaires, each given 9 months apart for approximately 2 years.
We thank all the organizations that have helped spread the word about the study! Check out the list here.