A Research Study On Understanding the Correlation Between Meaningful Employment And Wellbeing For ADF Veterans
Research Center: Phoenix Australia – Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health
Location: This is an online study
Lead Investigators: Dr. Mark Hinton, Dr Tracey Varker and Dr. Dzenana Kartal
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Departments of Defence and Veterans’ Affairs Human Research Ethics Committee (DDVA HREC)
Veterans need to plan and prepare for life after the military. The period of adjusting out of service can be a significant change for members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Looking out for their wellbeing is a top priority for researchers at Phoenix Australia.
This online study aims to help researchers better understand how finding meaningful employment might influence the mental and emotional wellbeing of veterans transitioning out of the ADF. This study also may help inform future employment services for veterans.
This study seeks employment-seeking veterans of the Australian Defence Force who have transitioned out of the ADF in the last 6 months. Interested participants must be above 18 years old and have served the ADF for more than a year. Those enrolled will be asked to answer several online surveys over approximately 6 months.
- Participation is online based.
- You will be providing insight that could help employment services improve their support for veterans seeking jobs.
- You may provide information that could help the wellbeing of future veterans.
- You will be compensated with a $100 eftpos gift card for participating in this study.
- You will be helping researchers to better understand the barriers veterans experience transitioning out of the ADF.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
Who Can Participate?
- Veterans aged 18 years old and above.
- Has served as a full time member of the ADF for at least 12 months
- Must have transitioned out of the ADF in the last 6 months.
- Please note that we consider transitioned members anyone who has left full-time service (including Continuous Full-Time Service). If you have transitioned out in the last 6 months, however maintain a reservist (inactive or active) status, you are still eligible to participate.
- Are currently seeking employment.
- Able to answer several online surveys over approximately 6 months.