Perth Research Study Explores How To Reduce Pelvic Pain
Research Centre: Keogh Institute for Medical Research
Location: Hospital Ave, Nedlands WA 6009, Australia
Lead Doctor: Professor Bronwyn Stuckey
Ethics Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by Bellberry Human Research Ethics Committee
Do you have moderate to severe pelvic pain caused by endometriosis? Endometriosis affects about 10% of women — approximately 176 million women worldwide — and has no known cause or cure. One of the primary symptoms of endometriosis is pelvic pain. Although many women experience cramping during their menstrual period, women with endometriosis typically describe menstrual pain that’s far worse than usual.
This research study is evaluating an investigational non-hormonal medication to see if it is safe and effective in reducing moderate to severe endometriosis-related pelvic pain. If you have moderate to severe pelvic pain caused by endometriosis, you may be eligible to participate in a clinical research study.
This study seeks women who are currently diagnosed with endometriosis. Participants are required to attend 7 study visits at the research site over approximately a 6 month period and will be compensated for participating in this study.
- You may experience an improvement in your endometriosis pain symptoms.
- You will be compensated for participating in this study.
- You will be helping researchers to provide improved treatment for women experiencing endometriosis pelvic pain.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Women 18-48 who have been surgically diagnosed with endometriosis in the last 10 years
- Willing to switch the pain medications for endometriosis for the study medication for the duration of the trial
- Experience endometriosis-related pelvic pain during as well as not during a menstrual cycle
- Have regular menstrual cycles of 24 to 38 days
- Able to attend 7 study visits at the research site over approximately 6 months