Join A Depression Research Study
Research Center: Texas Center for Drug Development
Location: 6550 Mapleridge St., Suite 201, Houston, TX
Lead Doctor: Shonna Piegari, MD
The World Health Organization (WHO) has identified depression as the leading cause of disability worldwide, and as a major contributor to the overall global burden of disease. Globally, depression has been estimated to affect over 300 million people.
This study explores if a new investigational medication can help treat symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder.
This study seeks men and women who currently suffer from MDD. Participants are required to attend study visits at the research site over approximately a year and those who qualify will be reimbursed $90 per completed visit for travel and related expenses.
- You may experience an improvement in your depression symptoms.
- You will be reimbursed $90 per completed visit for travel and related expenses.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Men and women aged 18-75 who are currently experiencing symptoms of MDD
- If already taking antidepressants, have been on a stable dose for at least 2 months
- Have felt depressed for at least 4 weeks
- Have not been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, a Personality disorder or a psychotic disorder
- Are not currently participating in another clinical trial
- Able to attend study visits at the research site over approximately 1 year