Could Microneedling Help Treat Vitiligo? Learn More About It Today!
Research Center: Crown Laboratories
Location: 9 Medical Pkwy Plaza 4 Suite 308, Dallas, TX, 75234, USA
Lead Researcher: Joe Blumenau, M.D.
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Allendale Investigational Review Board
About the Study
Could microneedling treatment help restore skin pigment for someone who has Vitiligo? Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease of the skin. It causes areas of the skin to become pale or white (hypopigmented) because of the lack of melanin. Melanin gives color to the skin. The cause of Vitiligo has been linked to autoimmunity, oxidative stress, chemical exposure and genetics.
Researchers at Crown Laboratories are doing a research study that may help those with Vitiligo. This research study wants to know the repigmentation rates of microneedling Vitiligo patches without any topical medications other than sunscreen. If this potential treatment is successful, this treatment could help improve the Vitiligo patches on your body.
Does this interest you? See if you qualify for this research study.
- Participants will receive a potential treatment for Vitiligo at no cost.
- Participants may experience improvements (repigmentation) to Vitiligo.
- Participants will be contributing valuable information that may benefit those with Vitiligo in the future.
- Participants will be compensated between $50-$150 for each completed visit for participating in this study.
- Participants may be helping to advance skin health and medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Men and women aged 18-60 years old who have Vitiligo. The Vitiligo must be found in the face, neck, trunk, extremities, hand or feet (except digits).
- Must not have had any changes to their Vitiligo in the last 6 months
- Must not have any known allergies to facial or general skin care products
- Must not have any known sensitivities to topical Lidocaine, stainless steel, nickel or chromium
- Must not be currently using skin lighteners, bleaching agents, hydroquinone or phenol peels
- Must not have a history of alcohol or substance abuse
- Must not currently smoke
- Must be able to attend 10-14 study visits at the research site over approximately 8 months
Key Study Details
The study team will explain the research study in its entirety but some details are:
- Crown Laboratories owns the SkinPen Microneedling Device.
- Participation in this study involves completing diary entries.
- Participation in this study entails undergoing microneedling.
About the Research Center:
Beautifully comprehensive skin care takes a deeper commitment. As a privately held, fully integrated global company, Crown is dedicated to developing and providing a diverse portfolio of safe and effective scientific solutions for life-long healthy skin.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the researchers would like to assure the participants that ensuring their and the study staff’s safety is of utmost importance.