Migraine Research Study Seeks Adults 18 and Up
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: Nashville Neuroscience Group
Location: 2004 Hayes St Suite 650, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
Lead Researcher: Damita Bryant, MD
Migraine is a worldwide debilitating disease. About 11.7% of people in the United States experience migraines. Migraine attacks are often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. Unfortunately, only 12.4% of people with migraines receive preventative therapy due to current options not being effective.
This study aims to determine the effectiveness of a potential migraine treatment (Erenumab) in preventing high-frequency Migraine episodes in people who have not experienced relief through the current preventive migraine medications. Erenumab has been approved in approximately 40 countries.
This study is inviting adults aged 18 years old or older who are experiencing episodic migraines. A person with episodic migraines experiences about less than 15 headache days per month. Interested participants must be willing to comply with all the necessary study requirements.
- You may see a reduction in the number of migraine days you experience.
- You may experience a reduction to your medication use.
- You may contribute valuable information that may benefit others in the future.
- You will be compensated for participating in this study.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Adults aged 18 years old or older who suffer from migraine episodes.
- Participants must also not have experienced relief from current migraine medications.
- Participants must be able to attend all the study visits at the research site for over approximately 25 weeks.
- Participants must be willing to undergo various assessments and fill-up e-diary entries.
- Participants must be willing to take the potential treatment as instructed by the study team. The potential treatment would be administered through injections once every 4 weeks for 4 treatments total.
About The Research Center:
Nashville Neuroscience Group is conveniently located in the heart of Nashville and believes in compassionate care, where patients feel reassured and unrushed. When patients walk through the door at NNG, they will know that they’re in good hands! Nashville Neuroscience’s practice is known for their modern, integrative approach to the treatment of complicated headache syndromes – including migraine. They support safe, quality patient care by using a collaborative team approach between the patient, physicians and staff.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 pandemic, the study team would like to point out the following:
- The research site does not treat COVID-19 patients and/or suspected COVID-19 patients.
- The research site’s waiting area is spacious enough that participants will not be within close proximity to each other.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the research site.
- The research staff adheres to strict hygienic practices as well as other safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Any staff suspected to have COVID-19, or has come into contact with someone who has COVID-19, will automatically undergo a voluntary quarantine for 14 days.
- Interested participants will not be left waiting for a long period of time and will be quickly attended to.
- Parking is available at the research site.
- The research site/institution is taking all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the study participants.