New Topical Cream May Treat Erectile Dysfunction. Study Seeks Participants
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: Manhattan Medical Research
Location: 215 Lexington Ave 21 FL New York NY, 10016
Lead Investigator: Dr. Jed Kaminetsky, MD
IRB: Aspire IRB
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) affects an estimated 13 – 28% of men aged 40 to 70. Men with ED are unable to consistently develop or maintain an erection during sexual activity.
For over 15 years, Sildenafil has successfully been used as a treatment for ED. Up until now Sildenafil has only been available as Viagra® in a tablet form. This research study is investigating the effectiveness of Sildenafil in a topical cream form (as an alternative treatment for ED).
This study seeks males aged 18 – 70 who have been medically diagnosed with ED and suffered from ED for at least 6 months. Participants will be required to attend the study site on 5 occasions and will be compensated up to $650 for partaking in this study.
Benefits to Participation
- You will be compensated up to $650 for partaking in this study.
- You may be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Heterosexual men aged 18 – 70 who have been who have been medically diagnosed with mild to moderate ED and suffered from ED for at least 6 months
- Have successfully used ED medication (such as Viagra®) at least 3 times in the past 6 months
- Been in a stable relationship for at least 6 months
- Willing to attend the research site for 5 study visits over a 2 month period
- Willing to watch visual sexual stimulation during study visits