New Investigational Facial Topical Gel May Reduce Acne. Research Study Seeks Participants Aged 18+ (Rochester, NY)
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: Skin Search of Rochester, Inc.
Location: 100 White Spruce Blvd., Rochester, NY 14623 (shown on map)
Lead Researchers: John H. Tu, MD
Acne can have lasting emotional and psychological effects, and even cause permanent scarring. We are researching an investigational acne medication that may reduce acne.
The medication comes in the form of a topical gel to be applied on the face once or twice daily.
This study seeks males and females who suffer from acne. In addition to the initial screening visit, participants will be required to attend 5 study visits at the research site over a 4 month period. Participants are compensated up to $525 for partaking in this study.
Benefits to Participation
- Your acne may temporarily improve.
- You may be helping to advance medical research.
- Health insurance is not necessary.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Men and women aged 18+ who have facial acne.
- Willing to apply the facial gel daily for 12 weeks (and keep records in diary calendar provided).
- Willing to stop any acne medication that you are currently on for the duration of the study.
- Willing to attend the research site for a screening visit (1 hour) and 5 study visits (20 min – 5 hours each) over a 4 month period.