Investigational Vaginal Cream May Relieve Symptoms of Menopause
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: Downtown Women’s Healthcare
Location: 3773 Cherry Creek North Drive, Suite 685, Denver, Colorado
Lead Doctor: Arthur S. Waldbaum, M.D.
Ethics Committee: Reviewed and approved by the Chesapeake Independent Review Board
It is common for women to experience vaginal dryness, bleeding, pain and discomfort due to menopause.
This study is investigating the effectiveness of an investigational vaginal cream in reducing these symptoms.
This 10-day study seeks women aged 30 to 75 years old who suffer from vaginal dryness, bleeding, pain or discomfort due to menopause. Participants are required to attend 3 study visits at the research site and apply the vagial cream once daily over 7 consecutive days. Participants will be compensated $175 for participating in the study.
Benefits to Participation
- You may experience an improvement in your symptoms
- You will have your complete medical history reviewed
- You will receive a pap smear at no cost if you have not had one in the past 12 months, you will receive one at no cost
- You will receive a mammogram at no cost if you have not had one in the past 9 months, you will receive one at no cost
- You will be compensated $175 for your participation.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Healthy women aged between 30 and 75 years old
- Suffering from vaginal dryness, bleeding, pain or discomfort due to menopause
- Willing to use a generic, already marketed, or placebo vaginal cream
- Able to attend 3 study visits at the research site.