Females Sought for Diet Trial (Food Provided)
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Centre: Royal Adelaide Hospital
Location: Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide SA (shown on map)
Lead Doctors: A/Prof Leonie Heilbronn, Prof Gary Wittert, Dr Siobhan Banks
Ethics Committee: Reviewed and approved by the Royal Adelaide Hospital Human Research Ethics Committee
Participants in this study will be asked to follow one of four diets. Foods for your diet will be delivered to your home by an on-line shopping company. Each 7-day rotating menu will be individually prepared for you depending on your energy requirements and diet allocation.
Benefits to Participation
- You will be compensated $600-800 for your time in the study.
- You will receive all of your food for the duration of the study (8 weeks) at no cost and delivered to your home.
- You will receive information about how you responded to the different treatments compared with other volunteers.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
Who Can Participate?
- Females aged 35 to 70
- Have a BMI of between 25 and 35kg/m2 (check your BMI here)
- Do not perform high intensity exercise 3 times or more per week (1-2 times a week is ok)
- Are able to attend the Royal Adelaide Hospital on 10 occasions