Research Center: Validated Claim Support
Location: Teaneck, New Jersey
Lead Researcher: Anna Hardy
About the Study
Are you curious about your skin’s unique characteristics? Participate in this exclusive skin research study and discover the secrets of your skin tone!
Validated Claim Support (VCS) is on a mission to unravel the secrets of skin tone! Did you know that understanding your skin’s nuances is the key to radiant and healthy-looking skin? Consider joining this groundbreaking skin research today, for a better tomorrow.
- Participants will be compensated up to $50 upon completion. for participating in this study. Compensation will only be provided to eligible participants who complete the study.
- Participants will be contributing valuable information that may benefit researchers in the future.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Women aged between 20 and 70 years old
- Must have a skin tone between pale/fair to light white, darkest brown to darkest black or Eastern Asian
- Must be in good general health
- Must not have been involved in any other similar studies within the last month
- Must not be pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy
- Must not currently taking any medications prescribed by a healthcare provider, or have any over-the-counter medications or supplements that are taken regularly, even without a prescription
- Must not have alcohol or substance abuse disorder
- Must not currently be under any form of judicial or administrative decision or under guardianship that limits any freedom or legal rights
- Must not currently be enrolled in another clinical study
- Must not have exposed skin to natural or artificial UV in the past 8 weeks
- Must not have performed phototherapy in the past 8 weeks, and/or another physical treatment (e.g., radiotherapy) in the past 6 months
- Must not have performed any aesthetic treatment on the face within the past 12 months, including injections (fillers/ Botox/ permanent implants, etc.), mesotherapy, resurfacing laser, photo modulation, intense pulsed light radio frequency, photo-rejuvenation, dermabrasion, chemical peel, or any other ablative or non-ablative procedures on the face
- Must not have been treated with immunosuppressive drugs in the past 12 weeks or intend to be treated with them during the study
- Must not have present or past malignancy or present or past skin conditions
- Must be able to attend 1 study visits at the research site over approximately 2 months
More Study Details
The study team will explain the research in its entirety but some details are:
- Throughout the study, participants must follow the provided use instructions. No products will be used, unless instructed otherwise, at the study visit participants must: Remove all makeup the night before. Report to the lab with a clean face. Do not apply anything to the face. Sit in a temperature-controlled 20°C to 24°C (68°F to 75°F) room for approximately 15 minutes. Comply with study personnel and procedures.
- Participants will be asked to respond to a series of questions about their skin and lifestyle.
- Participants will take part in the following Instrumental Evaluations:
- SkinFlex® is a device that allows non-invasive instrumental measurement of the mechanical properties of the skin and subcutaneous tissues without contact.
- The Cutometer uses light suction to evaluate the firmness and elasticity of the skin using a small probe which will be placed in contact with the skin using light pressure.
- High Frequency Ultrasound is used to produce images of the epidermis and dermis and some of its characteristics such as cell formations and blood vessels using water and a probe placed gently on your skin using light pressure.
- Line-field Confocal Optical Coherence Tomography (LC-OCT) is used to provide images of biological tissue.
- Clinical Photography- Photographs will be taken in a controlled environment by a professional photographer or trained technician. You will be asked to wear a headband for consistency. However, no other restraining devices or invasive equipment will be used.
About the Research Center:
Validated Claim Support
VCS is a third-party clinical testing facility located in Teaneck, NJ. We are experts in the testing of haircare, cosmetics, and other personal care products. We help prove products are safe and effective.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the researchers would like to assure the participants that ensuring their and the study staff’s safety is of utmost importance.