Research Center 1: New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) Research Institute
Location 1: 619 West 54th Street, New York, NY, 10019, USA
Research Center 2: Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York
Location 2: 317 East 34th Street, New York, NY, 10016, USA
Lead Researcher: Scott Noggle, Ph.D.
IRB: This study has been reviewed and approved by the BRANY Institutional Review Board
About the Study
If you have Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes, Macular Degeneration, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, or a type of Women’s Reproductive Cancer, you can contribute samples and data that may help others in the future!
NYSCF researchers study diverse diseases and conditions by creating stem cells from samples. Stem cells can become any cell in the human body, including cells that are difficult, invasive, or impossible for scientists to obtain otherwise.
NYSCF stores samples, stem cells, and data for future research studies. Researchers worldwide may access this material to study, treat, and potentially cure the major diseases of our time.
- Contribute valuable samples and data needed for research that may help treat or cure major diseases, including Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes, Macular Degeneration, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and Women’s Reproductive Cancers.
- Participants receive a $50 gift card for completing the study.
- Help to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later change your mind, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law or described in the consent form.
Who Can Participate?
- Adults aged 18 and above
- Children aged 30 days or older with consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
- Must have Alzheimer’s Disease, Diabetes, Macular Degeneration, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, or a type of Women’s Reproductive Cancer
- Must not have a coagulation disorder; other criteria apply for skin and saliva samples
This study is open to individuals below the age of with parental or legal guardian consent.
More Study Details
The study team will explain the research in its entirety but some details are:
- Participants provide consent and complete health questionnaires.
- Samples, such as skin, blood, and saliva are collected at a research site.
About the Research Center:
New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF)
The NYSCF Research Institute is an independent laboratory and non-profit that aims to reduce the cost, time, and risk that have slowed the development of new treatments and cures. NYSCF has created foundational tools to use stem cells in basic research and pioneered technologies that will allow stem cells to be used therapeutically. By pursuing and supporting only the most promising stem cell research and technologies, in their own laboratories and in partnership with leading institutions around the world, NYSCF serves as a catalyst in this transformational field.
NYSCF prioritizes the health and safety of research participants. Because participating in this study involves a visit to a research site, your risk of exposure to COVID-19 may be increased. Research staff will discuss COVID-19 safety practices with you.