Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: CSIRO Division of Animal, Food and Health Sciences
Location: CSIRO, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000 (shown on map)
Lead Doctors: Dr Michael Fenech, Dr Varinderpal Dhillon
Ethics Committee: Reviewed and approved by the CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences Human Research Ethics Committee
The CSIRO is conducting a research study in North Terrace, Adelaide. The purpose of this study is to learn how whey protein affects levels of B12 in older individuals. B12 is essential for the cells in the body to function and regenerate properly. Those who are deficient in this vitamin run the risk of nervous system malfunction and loss of mental capacity.
Participants will receive whey protein from a clinical dietitian. Increases in B12 could result in improved mental function and memory. Participants will also receive up to $125, and CSIRO will provide Whey Protein product for the duration of the study along with an allowance to purchase juice for mixing.
Benefits of Participation
- You will receive the Whey Protein product for the duration of the study.
- You will be compensated $125 for your participation.
- You may experience increased mental function and memory.
- Qualified medical professionals will supervise your care.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- Upon completion, the results of the study will be shared with you.
Who Can Participate?
- Males and Females ages 40 to 75.