About the Study
Research Center: AZ Good Health Center
Location: This is an in-home study inviting those from the Phoenix/Maricopa County, Arizona area
Lead Researchers: Jonathan Murphy, MD
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the American Neuropathic Research Institute Institutional Review Board
COVID-19 is a highly contagious condition that causes severe problems to the body’s lungs and other organs. The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11, 2020, because of how fast the virus was spreading worldwide (WHO, 2020).
At the present time, there has been no approved medication available to treat COVID-19 (US FDA, 2020) at home. This study seeks to evaluate a variety of approaches to COVID-19 treatment that can be done at home. Specifically, researchers want to determine if over-the-counter (OTC) products are effective for the treatment of COVID-19. Participants will be given over-the-counter products such as Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Magnesium glycinate, as well as other over-the-counter products, depending on the treatment group. This study’s results may provide safe, effective, and inexpensive treatments for COVID-19 that may benefit society in the future.
- Participants will get the study treatment for 7 days, a thermometer and pulse oximeter at no cost. Participants can keep the thermometer and pulse oximeter after the study has ended.
- Participants may experience improvements to their COVID-19 symptoms.
- Participants may experience lesser long-term complications caused by COVID-19.
- Participants will be given a $50 Amazon Gift Card for participating in this study. This will be delivered after 3 days of treatment and survey completion.
- Participants may contribute valuable information that may benefit the community during this pandemic.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical and COVID-19 research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Adults aged 20-70 years old who have tested positive for COVID-19
- Must have been experiencing mild symptoms within the last 7 days and do not require hospitalization
- Must not have diabetes mellitus
- Participation in this study involves taking the study treatments as instructed by the research team. Participants will have the potential treatment (good for 7 days) delivered to their home.
- Participants must complete daily online surveys during the study period. After the study has ended, participants must complete 2 online surveys- one after 14 days and the other after 28 days.
- Participants must be willing to check temperature and oxygen saturation daily for 7 days and record reading results on the study website.
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, the researchers would like to assure the participants that ensuring the safety of the participants as well as the study staff is of utmost importance. This is a virtual study which means you can participate in the comfort of your own home.