Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: Queensland Institute of Dermatology
Location: 68 Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102
Lead Doctors: Dr Lynda Spelman
Ethics Committee: Reviewed and approved by the Bellberry Human Research Ethics Committee
The Queensland Institute of Dermatology is conducting a research study for youth aged 6-25 who have dermatitis/eczema. Participants will be asked to wear medical clothing on affected areas. Whereas normal garments can irritate the skin, medical clothing with micron sized fibres made from pure merino allow moisture to move easily from the skin to the air. This creates a unique sense of coolness between the fabric and skin and an even layer of moisture on the skin surface.
This study will evaluate how the regular use of this medical clothing could positively impact those affected with dermatitis/eczema.
Benefits of Participation
- Potential to reduce your dermatitis/eczema.
- You will be helping to advance medical research.
- You will be provided with medical clothing.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- Upon completion, the results of the study will be shared with you.
- Qualified medical professionals will supervise your care.
- You will be able to withdraw from the study at any time.
Who Can Participate?
- Males and Females ages 6-25
- Have had dermatitis/eczema for 6 months