Research Center: Dynocardia, Inc
Location 1: CIC, One Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142
Location 2: 53 Langley Road, Newton, MA 02459
Lead Researcher: Mohan Thanikachalam, MD
IRB: This study has been reviewed and approved by the WCG Institutional Review Board
About the Study
Are you generally healthy? Consider joining this study! Researchers are developing the ViTrack™, a cuff-free, wearable blood pressure monitor. Blood pressure is one of the major vital signs that is usually not measured or is measured incorrectly. Researchers at Dynocardia are trying to develop an alternative device to improve these results – But they need your help!
Testing blood pressure on the go could become a reality with the ViTrack™. By taking part in this study, healthy participants will have a better understanding of their own heart health, while also helping develop an accurate, non-invasive, and continuous blood pressure monitor – The ViTrack™.
- Participants will contribute to the development of the Vitrack™ – a new continuous non-invasive blood pressure monitor.
- Participants will be compensated $25 for participating in this study.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of their own heart health.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
Who Can Participate?
- Healthy men and women aged 18-90 years old
- Must not have an AV (arteriovenous) hemodialysis shunt in either arm, any distortions, sprains, or other injuries to the wrists, pain in the wrists from arthritis, previous trauma or surgery on either hands or forearms
- Must be able to attend 1 study visit which is an hour-long visit at the research site
More Study Details
The study team will explain the research in its entirety but some details are:
- Participants must be willing to take part in a non-invasive study procedure. During this non-invasive procedure participants will be required to wear the ViTrack™ on their wrist, while simultaneously wearing the conventional blood pressure cuff on the same, or opposite arm.
- The two devices will measure your blood pressure between 3 and 6 times during the session.
- The Participant’s blood pressure results will be recorded from both devices.
- Sessions last between 45 – 60 minutes. The data measured will be collected and used to further the development of ViTrack™.