Are you prone to Colds or the Flu?
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Centre: Integrated Health Group & The University of Queensland
Location: 362 Water Street, Fortitude Valley QLD
Lead Researchers: Dr Luis Vitetta, Dr Elizabeth Steels and Ms Amanda Rao
Ethics Committee: Reviewed and approved by the University of Queensland Medical Research Ethics Committee and Behavioural & Social Sciences Ethical Review Committee
The University of Queensland and The Integrated Health Group are conducting a research study of a complementary natural medicine to determine its effect on relieving symptoms and reducing the duration of colds and the flu.
Participants who experience cold & flu symptoms will take the natural medicine (in tablet form), and receive $50 for participating. At the conclusion of the study, all participants will receive complementary further quantities of the natural medicine. This study will accept 144 people to participate in this trial, especially those who are prone to colds & the flu.
The complementary medicine contains the natural ingredients Echinacea, Valerian Echinacea, Willow bark, Garlic, Ginger, Licorice, Vitamin C and Zinc. All of the ingredients have been previously approved for general sale by the Therapeutic Goods of Australia (TGA).
Benefits to Participation
- The complementary medicine may reduce cold & flu symptoms.
- The complementary medicine may reduce the length of cold or flu.
- Participants who experience cold or flu symptoms will receive $50 for their participation.
- The complementary medicine will be provided at no cost, and upon completion participants will receive further quantities for their own use.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical research.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Upon completion the results of the study will be shared with you
Who Can Participate?
- Males & Females aged 18 to 65
- Anyone, but people who experience colds/the flu are especially encouraged to apply