Researchers Looking For Healthy Adults 18 to 55 Years Old
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Centre: CMAX Clinical Research
Location: 18a North Terrace Level 5, Adelaide, SA, 5000, Australia
Lead Researcher: Dr. Paul Wabnitz
Ethics Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Bellberry Ethics Committee
Allergic asthma is also known as allergy-induced asthma and is caused by an allergic reaction. At the same time, chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU) is a form of long-term hives that causes itchy, red bumps, or wheals on the skin. People with allergic asthma and chronic idiopathic urticaria usually experience symptoms when they are exposed to specific triggers.
Researchers are developing and improving treatment for conditions such as allergic asthma and chronic idiopathic urticaria (hives). This study seeks to determine the effectiveness of a new potential treatment for allergic asthma and chronic idiopathic urticaria (hives).
Researchers are inviting healthy adults aged 18 to 55 years old. Participants must comply with all the study necessary study requirements.
- You may help those with allergic asthma or chronic idiopathic urticaria in the future.
- You may contribute valuable information that may provide another option to the people who have allergic asthma or chronic idiopathic urticaria.
- You will be compensated for participating in this study.
- You will contribute valuable information that may advance skin health research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Healthy men and women aged 18 to 55 years old
- Able to attend 12 study visits (which may involve the below study requirements) at the research site for over approximately 18 weeks:
- Willing to stay for 4 consecutive nights at the research site
- Willing to fast or abstain from food as instructed by the study team
- Willing to refrain from caffeine or xanthine containing products (tea, coffee, cola, chocolate), smoking and alcoholic beverages as instructed by the study team
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 pandemic, the study team would like to point out the following:
- The research site does not treat COVID-19 patients and/or suspected COVID-19 patients.
- The research site’s waiting area is spacious enough that participants will not be within close proximity to each other.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the research site.
- The research staff adheres to strict hygienic practices as well as other safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Any staff suspected to have COVID-19, or has come into contact with someone who has COVID-19, will automatically undergo a voluntary quarantine for 14 days.
- Interested participants will not be left waiting for a long period of time and will be quickly attended to.
- Parking is available at the research site.
- The research site/institution is taking all precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the study participants.