Join This Study Evaluating a Potential Treatment for Eczema Symptoms!
Research Center: Qualmedica Research, LLC
Location: 5015 Plaza East Blvd.Evansville, IN 47715
Lead Researcher: Charles Hudson, MD
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Advarra Institutional Review Board
About the Study
Do you have eczema? More than 30 million people suffer from eczema, also known as Atopic Dermatitis (AD), in the United States. People with eczema can experience severe itching, which can be debilitating. Introducing new and effective treatments for this condition would help millions worldwide live their lives more comfortably.
Researchers are conducting a study to explore a potential new topical cream for eczema. This research study seeks to determine the effectiveness of a topical tapinarof cream 1% (QD) applied once daily on people with eczema.
If this interests you, or if you know someone who might be interested in this research study, take the questionnaire to see if you’re eligible!
- Participants will be contributing valuable information that may benefit those with eczema in the future.
- Participants will be compensated up to $420 for participating in this study.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Individuals aged 2 years old or older who are diagnosed with Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema
- Eczema must be covering 5% to 35% of the body
- Must be experiencing moderate to severe eczema
- Must have had eczema for at least 3 months
- Must not have eczema only in the palms and soles of the feet
- Must be able to attend 7 study visits at the research site over approximately 13 weeks
Key Study Details
The study team can explain the research in its entirety but some details are:
- Participation in this study involves applying the study medication once daily to the skin.
- Participants will have a 33% chance of getting a placebo. A placebo looks like the study medication but does not have the active ingredient.
About the Research Center:
Qualmedica Research, LLC
Qualmedica Research is a multi-site clinical research company offering clinical trials in Indiana and Kentucky, USA. They have provided high-quality, compliant research since 1996. Their goal is to deliver exceptional service to drug sponsors, collaborative project support to physicians and CROs, and empathetic care to our patient volunteers. Their mission is to enable better health for patients that will benefit from new or improved drugs. They partner with physicians and sponsors to bring therapeutics to market safe, effective, and meaningful to a patient’s quality of life. They are dedicated to improving health through research.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the researchers would like to assure the participants that ensuring their and the study staff’s safety is of utmost importance.