Crohn’s Disease Research Study Seeks Adults Who Are Not Experiencing Relief From Symptoms with Current Treatment Options
Please note: This trial has finished recruiting and is not accepting new participants.
Research Center: Eagle Clinical Research
Location: 6307 S Stewart Ave #312, Chicago, IL 60621, United States
Lead Researcher: Ayoade Akere, MD
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the AdvarraI Institutional Review Board
About the Study
Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation or ulcers in the gut. Although symptoms vary from person to person, it is the unpredictability of these symptoms that affect the individual’s quality of life. Currently, there are a lot of treatment options for flare-ups. However, some medications may not work for everyone or have lost effectiveness in managing symptoms.
Research studies are crucial to helping find new treatment options for different conditions. This research study seeks to investigate the effectiveness of a potential treatment for Crohn’s disease.
- Participants may be given a potential treatment at no cost.
- Participants may experience improvements to their Crohn’s disease symptoms.
- Participants may help others struggling with Crohn’s disease in the future.
- Participants will be compensated up to $3,000 for participating in this study. Compensation will only be provided to eligible participants. Participants may also be reimbursed for any study-related expenses they have incurred (i.e., travel, transportation, meal, stay), the study team can further elaborate on this.
- Participants will be helping to advance medical, specifically gut disease, research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you can withdraw at any time.
- Any information that you provide will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Adults aged 18 to 80 years old who have been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease
- Must be experiencing moderate to severe symptoms
- Must have been experiencing either one of the following to at least 1 approved treatment or therapy for Crohn’s disease:
- Treatment/therapy is not effective in providing symptom relief
- Treatment/therapy has lost its effectiveness in providing symptom relief
- Intolerance to treatment/therapy
- Must be able to attend 17 study visits at the research site over approximately 16.5 months (73 weeks)
Key Study Details
Participation in this study involves but is not limited to:
- Taking an investigational medication through either infusion into a vein (intravenous or IV) and/or shots under the skin
- Having blood samples collected and an endoscopy. An endoscopy involves inserting a long, thin tube directly into the body to observe an internal organ or tissue in detail- the study team can further elaborate on this.
- Completing daily diary entries
About the Research Center:
Eagle Clinical Research
Eagle Clinical Research was founded to carry out reliable and meaningful clinical research for Chicago and Chicagoland residents. Considered one of the premier research sites nationally, Eagle Clinical Research has conducted clinical trials with a proven model that affords us the ability to provide our patients and sponsors with valuable expertise in numerous medical conditions. Our investigators have authored multiple articles in medical journals and served as consultants to numerous hospitals and pharmaceutical companies.
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, the researchers would like to assure the participants that ensuring the safety of the participants as well as the study staff is of utmost importance.