Get Potential Asthma Relief! Learn More About Your Options Today
Research Center: Cleveland Clinic
Location: 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195
Lead Researcher: Serpil Erzurum, MD
IRB Committee: This study has been reviewed and approved by the Vanderbilt Institutional Review Board
Do you have asthma? The proper management of asthma can allow people to enjoy a good quality of life. Asthma is different for everyone, and so is the approach for managing it.
This study is called PrecISE (Precision Interventions for Severe and/or Exacerbation-Prone Asthma Network). This is a multi-site study sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. This study aims to find new treatments for severe asthma using a new potential approach in medicine called precision medicine. Read about precision medicine below. Researchers hope to learn more about treatments that are specific to individuals and the severity of their condition.
Interested? See if you qualify for this study!
- You may contribute to developing new and personalized treatments for severe asthma.
- You may be able to receive several therapies with medications provided and have regular monitoring. You will also be able to talk with an asthma specialist.
- You may contribute useful information that may benefit others with asthma in the future.
- You will be compensated up more than $XX.
- You will be helping to advance lung health research.
- If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
- Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by law.
- Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
Who Can Participate?
- Participants aged 12 years old and older who are diagnosed with severe or uncontrolled asthma. Severe or uncontrolled asthma is defined as taking medications daily to manage asthma symptoms.
- Interested participants under the age of 18 need parental or legal guardian consent to participate in this study.
- Participants must not be a current smoker. There are other restrictions related to smoking that the study team can further discuss with interested participants.
- Participants must either own or are able to obtain a device with iOS 11+ such as iPhone, iPad or iPod, or a smartphone or tablet running on Android 5.0+.
- Participants must be able to attend monthly study visits at the research site for over approximately 1 to 3 ½ years.
What is Precision Medicine?
Precision medicine is a method that customizes the choice of medicines to patients based on their biomarkers. Biomarkers are bits of information about you, based on the results of different tests, including blood tests, analyses of your breath, and genetic tests
About The Research Center:
Cleveland Clinic was at the forefront of modern medicine when its founders opened it as a multi-specialty group practice in 1921. In its first century, Cleveland Clinic has introduced many medical firsts, opened facilities around the world and is proud to be ranked among the top hospitals in the country. Now, 100 years later, the vision of the founders remains Cleveland Clinic’s mission: caring for life, researching for health, and educating those who serve.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the researchers would like to assure the participants that ensuring their and the study staff’s safety is of utmost importance.